Monday, September 24, 2012

Cockscomb

This flower was growing in my back yard without permission! Every year we dig up a new section and I move flowers around then add something new.  Well, last year I did this and found some seeds in my pantry so I thougth, what the heck and threw them in a spot.  This is what came up.  I can trace the seeds to two of my friend who gave them to me who knows how many years ago.  You know pantry, shove stuff in there, waay back in there and find waay later. So I cut it couple weeks ago and have been transporting to and from work like a child so that I keep an eye on the seeds that fall off and pass on to other  co-workers and have a "grow off" next year.  Everyone wants to feel it  and then come up with new name or place it should be growing.  I love it! I thought you might too. There were a few smaller ones trying to grow next to this one so my friend and I dug them up and planted them in a pot to see what would happen.  I'll keep you posted.



1 comment:

John and Regina Zdravich said...

Just gorgeous! Love your yard....