|Indy 500 2014 - Chief|
Monday, May 20, 2013
I had been thinking about having my friends over for a "Needle Night". What is "Needle Night"? Needle Night is a time to get together with friends and have a nice evening crocheting, sewing or learning something new. After I attended Needleworks with Anna Maria Horner I thought it might be fun to do something different with my friends. I always hear "I wish I knew how to crochet" or "I used to do that but I have forgotten." I made it on the night my husband would be gone and it would be a an evening of friendship with my gal friends. This is how I handled this event!
I had the pleasure of running into Anna Maria Horner at QUIlTcon and made sure she new how much she inspired me to move forward with this idea. Her Needleworks week end retreat gave me this idea. Plus, I needed to have some girlfriend time and winter was starting to wear on all of us. I hope you do this someday. If you do I have a few tips for you.
Let the story teller tell stories.
- When someone says, "I'll bring something". Let them.
- Make sure all of your light bulbs are working.
- Mix up your friends, you would be surprised who knows who!
- If somebody wants to come and not do anything, let them.
- Make food easy and cheap. Sam's Club pizzas worked great for us.
- Let your friends bring what they want to drink, this way you end up with a variety for your refrigerator when they leave. :)
- Have extra needles and yarn available. A few of my friends found their mother's kits and used them to start their new creative adventure, others had nothing.
- Enjoy yourself. :)
Saturday, May 18, 2013
This quilt was made for a fundraiser at St. Katherine College in California. Yikes! How did this happen? I had made a quilt for Maria in California who told her friend about it her happiness with her quilt I made for her. Her friend Katherine thought it would be a great idea to have a quilt at her fundraiser as a piece for a silent auction. It took us awhile to agree on a pattern that tied into the theme, but once we figured it out it went fairly fast. The event was May 18th. I can't wait to hear how this added to the event.
A little closer now
On the bed