Sunday, October 11, 2020

Avery Joyse's Baby Quilts

 My dear friend Lee is becoming a Grandma for the first time.  Her daughter Leslie is very excited and just bought a groovy house in Broad Ripple. I made her one blanket that I thought my match Avery's room.  I was commissioned by one of her Aunts to take her Grandmother's night gowns and make some baby blankets.  It is always hard to do that but once your realize it will be such a keepsake you just dig in and figure it out.

                                                        Blanket I designed for the room.
                                                                   A little closer now.

The cardinals and flip flops were the pajamas.


The gold is what highlights the blue and pinkish night gowns. I quilted this one like crazy to give it a very old look.  

                                                                         Closer.


                           Before I quilted it like crazy due to the puckers in it because of stretching.

No comments: