Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Ribbon Quilt

This quilt was very challenging.  The ribbons were given to me by dear life long friend who has a daughter that is quite the runner. The ribbons were from her high school track career in beautiful Brown County, Indiana. These ribbons  like to slip and slide when you are sewing them onto squares.  Grr.  It took me awhile to figure out to spray basting spray on them to hold them in place as well as just going for it.  Once I had this figured out it went pretty fast.  It was just the fear of the unknown that seems to hold you back.
The beginning.
Getting the swing of things.
What color around it?
  
Which color where?
What goes where?
The end result. Fire anyone?
A  little closer now.
Amen.



















1 comment:

Alice said...

Wow, Deb. I know what a pain this was to put together but yowza, it turned out super cute!! I especially like the yellow patches. They look like little flames flickering among the ribbons.