Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"Apron Couple" Quilt

This quilt was made for the "Apron Couple" They are married now and this was my gift to them.  Theorder was for a blue and green quilt for their bed.  I called the prospective "groom to be" in a mad panic after I realized there are many blue/green combos. Ryan being a very calm young man told me, "No worries, don't sweat over this". AAhhh . Here we go.  I like creating this type of quilt.  I can run wild and free as every quilter must do!  The below picture is it at its final resting place before it hits the outside for a "photo op", then to the wedding in a nice white bag bought from the Container Store with whatever ribbon I can find in the basement to dress it up. For some reason I am so in love with that washing machine picture.  I'll have to work through this weird thing.


 


Here it is on the bed getting a rest before it goes to the new couple.

The paisley was the inspiration piece.


 In the back yard.  I definitelycan tell where I ran out of blue.  On the bed you cannot notice it as much as here.


The all so cool invitation. Ride on.


No comments: