Let the story teller tell stories.
- When someone says, "I'll bring something". Let them.
- Make sure all of your light bulbs are working.
- Mix up your friends, you would be surprised who knows who!
- If somebody wants to come and not do anything, let them.
- Make food easy and cheap. Sam's Club pizzas worked great for us.
- Let your friends bring what they want to drink, this way you end up with a variety for your refrigerator when they leave. :)
- Have extra needles and yarn available. A few of my friends found their mother's kits and used them to start their new creative adventure, others had nothing.
- Enjoy yourself. :)